Wines from Ribera del Duero

Ribera del Duero is almost entirely dedicated to red wine. Located on the elevated northern plateau of the Iberian Peninsula 800 meters above sea level, the name means "Douro's shore" coming from the river that crosses it.

More
  1. Home
Filter
hearth icon
Vega Sicilia Unico 2010
Spain
Cabernet Sauvignon
BGN 749.00
hearth icon
Темпранийо Емилио Моро 2017
Рибера дел Дуеро, Spain
Tempranillo
BGN 43.50

Tempranillo is the most widely planted grape variety known by the local names Tinto Fino or Tinta del Pais: Produces wines with deep colours, with a hard tannin structure and complex aromas of dark fruits.Most of the best examples age gracefully for years.According to the rules of DO Tempranillo must represent at least 75 percent in the blend, and the remaining 25% usually are mainly Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Malbec, all of which were introduced more than a century ago by Bodegas Vega Sicilia in its Unico wine, which is still considered the largest in Spain and is served at royal receptions. Although some wines may come close to it in quality, no one combines this with tradition and history to the same extent.Tinto Pesquera is another well-known brand created by the most famous wine producer in the region Alejandro Fernandez. The success of Vega Sicilia and Pesquera leads to the development of wine production in the region to quality and focuses the attention of local winemakers on the production of quality reds. This is how names like Dominio de Pingus and Emilio Moro and many others appeared. The ageing requirements used in Ribera del Duero coincide with those of the Rioja denomination. Crianza red wines must be aged for at least two years, with 12 months in oak, while Reserva is aged for at least three years, one of which is oak. Gran Reserva must be aged for five years before being placed on the market, two of which must be in oak.