1. Home
  2. Red wine
  3. Wine type
  4. Wine
  5. Blends
  6. Château Joanin Bécot Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux
  • 88

Château Joanin Bécot Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux 2008

In stock - delivery within 24 hours on working days for Sofia.
Art. # 0046
A pleasant to drink and well balanced wine with a nice taste. It leaves a feeling of lightness and ethereality. The finish has soft tannins and a long aftertaste.
Alc. 14%

Region

Bordeaux France France France

Profile

  • Fruit
  • Body
  • Tanins
  • Freshness
  • Alcohol

Variety

Cabernet Franc, Merlot

Flavours

  • Spices Spices
  • Chocolate Chocolate
  • Black Cherry Black Cherry

Glass

Large glass for red wine

Serving Temperature

Cellar temperature Cellar temperature

Food pairing

  • Red Meats Red Meats
  • Hard Cheese Hard Cheese
  • Exotic Spices Exotic Spices

Maturity

Ready, but will improve

More about this wine

Château Joanin Bécot

Château Joanin Bécot

The winery was bought by the Becot family in 2001. It has 12 hectares of vineyards in the Cotes de Bordeaux, 80% of which are planted with Merlot, and the remaining 20% ​​are occupied by Cabernet Franc. The soils are made of clay and limestone, in which ancient fossils of marine animals are found. Owner Juliette Bécot takes care of the mansion like a flower garden, and the wines are prepared with the effort and attention of the cru classé. Since 2002, Chateau Joanin Becot has a new cellar under the fermentation rooms to use gravity to move the wine. It matures in 75% new oak for 16 - 18 months. Joanin Becot wines are characterized by charm, freshness, ripe fruit flavors and soft texture. They can be drunk at an earlier age and offer quality higher than their price.

All wines of the same producer
Bordeaux

Bordeaux

Bordeaux is perhaps the most famous wine region in France. It stretches 130 kilometers inland from the Atlantic coast. In 2018, 111,000 hectares of vineyards were registered, a figure that remains largely constant over the previous decade. The main varieties grown here are Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc and they are used to make different wines, each producer having its own blend and proportions of mixing the varieties. Here are produced some of the most famous, most expensive and long-lasting wines in the world - the well-known subregions Medoc, Graves, St. Emilion, Pomerol and many others. Bordeaux is divided by the Gironde River on the left and right banks. Characteristic of the left bank (Medoc, Haut Medoc, Graves) is the more serious presence of Cabernet Sauvignon in the blend of wine, while on the right bank (St. Emillion, Pomerol) merlot predominates. In addition to red wines, Bordeaux is famous for the production of white, mainly a blend between Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon, with the Sauternes subregion and the leading Chateau d’Yquem, famous for its complex and multi-layered, aromatic and sweet botrytized dessert wine.

More wines of this region
Merlot

Merlot

Southwest of France is Merlot’s birthplace - the regions of Saint-Émilion and Pomerol. Merlot is nowadays widely planted across the world much like Cabernet Sauvignon because it is an early maturing grape variety and because of its ability to ripen fully even in slightly cooler climates. Smooth, velvety, soft and rounded - an “easy drinking" wine with tender tannic structure - these are the common descriptions of Merlot wines.

More wines of the same variety

Similar products

Customer reviews

No reviews available

Be the first to review